Tag Archive | quern

Archaeological Words #1

Recently taught to me by the eternally enthusiastic John Cruse, “Harps” or “Harping” is the name for the grooves on n underside of a Roman quern stone; they are diagonal to the circumference of the base and fill in a square frame, starting in the corner and getting larger. Just like with a harp. 


Cataloguing Magic

Investigating "Magic" in Archaeology and Museums

Archaeology Online

The Online Hub For All Things Archaeological


I came, I saw, I photographed... follow me in the footsteps of Hadrian!

Archaeology, Academia and Access

I'm passionate about something, I'm just not sure what it is yet.

Archaeology, Museums & Outreach

Co-creation & Participatory Community Engagement

Heritage Calling

A Historic England Blog

History Kicks Ass!

By Nadine Korte, History Teacher and Huge History Nerd

Mists of Time

a history junkie rambles on...